Our mission... HEALTH!

I was with a friend last night, well you can say he's more like a life coach of sorts, while hanging out and shopping we were discussing my love and ease into addiction... yea I said love of addiction.  I have been an addict of something for about 25 years at least, and as our conversation continued I began to acknowledge my habits and my inability to cope with life as it is. You see I medicate as a means of dealing with life, the way I medicate can lead to addiction (most times they do) and these addictions can vary depending on the mood, time of month, or what happens to be swirling around in this life of mine. Sometimes my vice is sex... sometimes it's shopping... sometimes it's partying... sometimes it's herbal substances and sometimes it's back the the original addiction food.  Whatever the case maybe there is always something that is required in order to help level off.  My friend in this instance suggested to me to work on finding new vices and new addictions... something that would work in my favor and work for success, something that allows my life to expand versus stand still.  You see I realized instead of easing my tension with smoking a cigarette, I will go to the gym. Instead of leveling off life with my partying escapades... I'll listen to some music and dance, or write write write!  You, my readers, have been with me throughout the "Health Mission" and this conversation with my friend was the start of it all. I won't condemn myself for indulging occasionally into some good times but doing things that will allow me to flourish is definitely in my best interest.  Being kind to your Mind... being kind to your Body... and being kind to your Soul can be just as addictive as a pack of Keebler's Fudge Stripes Cookies or a pack of Newport cigarettes.  Love & Blessings. - Buttaflibabee

Comments

Popular Posts