Hurt

I wrote this poem after a day of hurt. Sometimes I find I still struggle to forgive myself for the pain I've caused others and more importantly the pain I've caused myself. I've grappled with feelings of inadequacies and insecurities which caused me to hurt others. This particular poem was not intended to be sweet and nice but more or less as a release and a prayer for forgiveness of myself and those I've caused pain. - Buttafli


Hurt...
I hurt really bad sometimes
I feel pain clearly
and unfiltered
When others feel pain...
well
i don't know
When I hurt
I destroy & hurt back
Sometimes others
Sometimes...
myself
But hurt.
must.
come.
I hurt the people I love
the most... mostly
I struggle to understand
see
why they would ever love me
I make it clear
stand back
For
I am
unlovable
At least for today
I, write now...
Am better than eating
I, write now...
Am better than the abuse
I, write now...
Am better than thoughts of low self esteem
That's now
I ask for mercy not to hurt
I pray that those I've hurt
will forgive
I pray for forgiveness of...
myself
it is the hurt inside of me
it is the pain coming out
And now that it's out...
God will come in.

Love & Blessings.
- Buttaflibabee

Comments

Popular Posts