Yum Chicago!

It's so funny how I feel about chocolate. Sometimes I think it just maybe my favorite thing to eat. There's just something in chocolate that brings about feelings of comfort, joy, pure dee happiness!  This "love affair", as like to call it stems back from childhood.  My mom has this popular story she loves to share about once when I was 2 and her & my grandmother went shopping at Sears.  Now back in the day Sears had a snack counter with bulk candy, popcorn, ICEE's in so forth.  Well I guess my mom & grandmother bought a pound of chocolate covered peanuts, my mom went shopping one way, my grandmother and I went shopping another way.  I guess how the story goes is... by the time my mom got back to my grandma from shopping nearly a pounds worth of chocolate covered peanuts were gone.  Yep, I pretty much ate at least a 1/2 a pound of chocolate... all by myself... at 2 years old! I think it's safe to say my love affair with chocolate is pretty major. 

This past weekend I went out with my best-friends to David Burkes Primehouse for "Chicago Restaurant Week".  My sister-n-law Melissa patiently researched restaurants all week reading through reviews on Yelp & Eater to pick the very best spot.  Now my favorite part of dinner is dessert, of course... the end! And David Burkes did dessert well, a lovely flight of chocolatey goodness... yummers Chicago!



"Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate." 
-Unknown

Comments

Popular Posts