Reality Check

While getting ready for work today I had a reality check... can I love my body and appreciate it for what it is and still have the desire for my body to be better? The answer is, of course, a resounding yes! Often times we think that by loving ourselves we must be satisfied with our currently situation and that's the end of it, well I'm here to tell you that's not it.... or at least it shouldn't be. We have the blessed opportunity to improve, not because we don't love ourselves but simply because we do love ourselves. This is the most loving gesture we can give ourselves... the gift of a balanced life. To learn to appreciate who we are to such a degree that we make healthy decisions in order to make our today and hopefully our tomorrow better... now that's love! This love does not require deprivation or holding back from pleasures, it's more of a discovery process on how to enjoy life and how to live in a more healthy, non destructive way. As stated by Oprah Winfrey "If you look at what you have in life, you'll always have more. If you look at what you don't have in life, you'll never have enough". If I look at all the wonderful things I currently possess such as: limbs that function, organs that function, and all of my senses (sight, touch, hearing, smell, taste) this type of thinking puts things in perspective and prepares me for a life of prosperity. Even more so than that if you look at the fact that we have this wonderful life, this wonderful body which is the vessel that contains our aura... spirit... light.... in essence our body is a vehicle for who we are. If you start to look at it that way, then you will begin to appreciate yourself even more. I love my body... not only for it's current state, but for what I know it can become. My body carries one awesome spirit inside of it, so therefore it can't help but have the desire to match up. Some may call this type of speaking conceited but I call it pride! Pay attention to where you are today and simply appreciate life, but also look at how far you know you can go. If we are all just a little bit more thankful for what we have, then of course we will be blessed with more, God wants us to have more because then we will show others how wonderful life really is... how great living really is. So look at yourself in the mirror and give yourself a big kiss, identify with your body and acknowledge the fact that your body is carrying an amazing spirit. Love it, adore it, and I promise not only will you start to love your body more everyday, but your body will start to love you more everyday as well! Love & Blessings - Buttaflibabee

Comments

Popular Posts